Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why Blog?


Before we get started with WHAT it is I'm doing, let's take a few minutes to unpack the WHY...

Why am I blogging my business experience?  Why does this blog exist?  Well, here's a few reasons...

1) I think a lot of people like to hear the ins and outs of interesting experiences, but they don't always want to ask.  

I am a blog stalker.  Here's the deal; I know I'm not the only one who does this.  I know this because people I would never expect to read my blog often reference that they've read my personal blog.  I always love reading people's personal experiences via blogs, especially when it pertains to an experience that I may find interesting.

Maybe someone is interested in starting their own Usborne Books and More business.  Reading my start up may help them.

2) I'm blogging because I'm an information fiend.

Have you ever taken Gallup's Strength's Finder 2.0?  It is one of my favorite personality tests.  It's really worth taking if you haven't.  My number one strength is "Input".  That basically describes my gift set perfectly.  I store information, and a lot of it.  I find I can often quickly give people the 411 about any topic I'm familiar with because I research things exhaustively.

My other side job is writing content for a non-profit organization.  One of my favorite parts of my job is researching.  Seriously, I could research all.day.long.

I figured that I'd be able to provide a lot of information in a very efficient manner to my readers about both Usborne Books and More as well as my business experience.  I want to share that gift with whoever wants it.

3) Everyone loves a good experiment.

I read this blog the other day about a 40 day experiment where two people randomly decided they were going to date each other.  I found it fascinating!  Movies like Supersize Me are so interesting to me.  I don't know why I have such a fascination with experiments, but for some reason I do.  So, for all of those people out there who love to watch experiments unfold, that's what I'm going to do right here on this blog.

Can a person who is not a naturally gifted sales person create a successful side business?  Will she be able to extend her business outside of her personal circle?  How is she going to make all of this work with kids?  What are the ups and downs going to look like?

Well, that's what I'm going to record here.


So...here we go!  I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I'm going to enjoy creating it. I hope that you decide to come on My Usborne Adventure with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment